How to make — Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Serves 8 People
Prep Time 15 Min
Total Time 1 Hours 15 Mins
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Carrots
- 1 Stalk Celery
- 2 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion in hot butter until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk 1/4 cup melted butter and flour together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Continue to whisk and cook, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk if necessary to keep the flour from burning, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually pour milk into flour mixture while whisking constantly.
- Stir chicken stock into milk mixture.
- Bring to a simmer; cook until mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots, sauteed onion, and celery.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir cheddar cheese into vegetable mixture until cheese melts.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.