How to make — Chocolate Mousse
Serves 2 People
Prep Time 10 Mins
Total Time 30 Mins
- 1/4 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Large Egg Yolk, Lightly Beaten
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with water; stir until smooth.
- Stir a small amount of hot chocolate mixture into egg yolk.
- Return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Quickly transfer to a small bowl.
- Stir occasionally until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add in sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.