How to make — Dragon Fruit Cheesecake
Serves: 8-10 People
Prep Time: 50 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Mins
For The Crust:
2 Sleeves Of Graham Crackers
1 Tbsp Of Sugar
1 Stick Of Butter
For The Filling:
5-8 Ounce Packages Of Cream Cheese
1 Cup Of Heavy Cream
2 Cups Of Sugar
1 Tbsp Of Vanilla
2 Packets Of Unflavored Gelatin
1 Cup Water
Neon Pink Food Coloring Gel
Neon Purple Food Coloring Gel
1 Frozen Pack Of Dragon Fruit
Method:1. Remove the dragon fruit package from the freezer, leave out to thaw.
2. Open the crackers and break them up into smaller pieces, and place into the blender.
3. Blend the graham crackers into crumbs, and place crumbs in a dish.
4. Add the heaping tablespoon of sugar to the crumbs, and stir.
5. Melt the butter in the microwave, and pour into crumbs.
6. Mix well, blending butter into crumbs, until crumbs are coated in butter.
7. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, and press the crumb mixture into the pan.
8. Place pan in the freezer.
9. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the heavy cream, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and mix until the cream starts to thicken.
10. Turn the mixer on high, and whip until stiff peaks form.
11. Put the whipped cream in a bowl, and place the bowl in the refrigerator.
12. Place the softened cream cheese in the mixing bowl, and mix on medium speed until smooth.
13. Add the sugar, and vanilla, and continue to mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl, and blending until well mixed.
14. Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator.
15. Add all the whipped cream to the cream cheese.
16. Blend until completely mixed, and smooth.
17. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend again.
18. Place the mixing bowl in the refrigerator.
19. Follow the instructions on the package of the gelatin, and let the gelatin sit until it’s completely dissolved.
20. Remove the mixing bowl from the refrigerator.
21. Add the gelatin to the cheesecake mixture.
22. Mix until all the gelatin has been well blended into the cheesecake batter.
23. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend again.
24. Divide the cheesecake batter into equal halves, leaving half in the mixing bowl, and placing half in the pan.
Add the dragon fruit to the portion of the cheesecake filling that’s left in the mixing bowl.
26. Pour the other portion of white cheesecake filling into the pan, and place the pan back in the freezer.
27. Add the dragon fruit to the mixer, and mix the fruit.
28. Add a teaspoon of the neon pink food coloring gel, and blend well.
29. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and mix again.
30. Add about ½ a teaspoon of the purple neon coloring gel, and blend well.
31. When desired color has been mixed, place the mixing bowl in the refrigerator.
32. Leave the white cheesecake layer in the freezer for an hour.
33. Remove the mixing bowl and pour the pink layer on top of the white layer.
34. Place the pan back in the freezer, and leave it overnight for best results.
35. Remove the pan from the freezer, and remove the spring-form from the pan.
36. Cut the cheesecake with a sharp serrated knife.