How to make — Mamey Sapote Flan
Serves: 8-10 People
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Mins
2/3 Cup White Sugar
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Cups Heavy Cream
1 Cup Milk
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Mamey Sapote
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To make flan, combine sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, cream cheese, vanilla, light rum and eggs in food processor or blender.
3. Process or blend until smooth, scraping down sides.
4. Add mamey and blend until fully incorporated.
5. Pour mixture into prepared pan. If using a flanera, place the lid on.
6. Place pan in larger pan and add hot water to come up halfway up the side.
7. Bake 45 minutes to one hour.
8. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
9. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
10. To serve, carefully run a thin metal knife around the edge.
11. Place a flat plate with a lip on it to catch the syrup and flip over.
12. Serve with a spoonful of caramel syrup.