How to make — Mushroom and Leek Quiche
Serves 8 People
Prep Time 15 Mins
Total Time 1 Hour 20 Mins
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Leeks Thinly Sliced
- 1 Lbs Mushrooms Thinly Sliced
- 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Coarse Salt
- Ground Pepper
- 3 Ounces Goat Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Fit the refrigerated pie crust into a 9-inch deep dish pie pan.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Add the leeks and sauté until they are softened.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Sauté until the mushrooms have turned golden brown.
- Add them to the leeks.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Distribute the leek and mushroom mixture over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Dot the goat cheese over the vegetables and pour the cream mixture over the filling.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes until the top is golden brown and puffed.
- Cool the quiche in the pan on a wire rack.