How to make — Pesto Pasta
Serves 2 People
Prep Time 15 Mins
Total Time 10 Mins
- 6 Oz Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Starchy Pasta Water
- 1/2 Cup Basil Pesto
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Cups Arugula
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- Pinch Of Red Pepper Flakes
- Sea Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions or until al dente.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking liquid before draining.
- Drain the pasta and toss with a tiny bit of olive oil.
- In a large skillet over very low heat, add the pesto, 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat, and more pasta water as needed to create a loose sauce. The amount of water needed will depend on thickness of your pesto.
- Turn the heat off. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Then, add the arugula and toss to barely wilt.
- Garnish with the red pepper flakes and pine nuts and serve.