How to make — Red Wine Chocolate Tart (NYE 2020)
Serves: 6 People
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 55 Mins
300g Dark Chocolate Shortcrust Pastry
100g Caster Sugar
2 Tsp Cornflour
2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Cocoa
1 Cup (250ml) Fruity Red Wine
300ml Thickened Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Roll out the pastry so it’s large enough to line a 22cm loose-bottomed tart pan.
3. Chill for 15 minutes.
4. Line the pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice.
5. Bake for 8 minutes, then remove paper and weights and bake for a further 5 minutes until dry.
6. Place eggs and sugar in a bowl and sift in the cornflour, cinnamon and cocoa.
7. Gently whisk together until combined.
8. Add the wine and 200ml cream, and stir well until combined.
9. Pour into the tart case, then bake for 20-25 minutes until just set.
10. Whisk the remaining 100ml cream to soft peaks.
11. Dust the tart with cocoa, then slice and serve with the whipped cream.