How to make — Shrimp and Tomato Pasta
Serves 5 People
Prep Time 10 Min
Total Time 40 Min
- 8 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Frozen Shrimp
- Kosher Salt (Diamond Crystal)
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Red-Pepper Flakes
- 2 lb. Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 lb. Spaghetti
- Handful Of Basil Leaves
- Black Pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium.
- Add the shrimp, season with 1 teaspoon salt and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a dish and set aside.
- Discard any excess liquid in the pan.
- Add 6 tablespoons oil and the garlic cloves to the same pan.
- Cook over medium-low, turning the garlic a couple of times until light gold, taking care not to burn them for 4 minutes.
- Add the fennel seeds and red-pepper flakes.
- Stir and cook until fragrant for 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to medium and add cherry tomatoes and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Cook the tomatoes until they release their juices and get saucy.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp with any juices to the tomatoes to reheat for a couple of minutes.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning.
- Set the pasta pot next to the saucepan and use tongs to transfer the spaghetti to the tomatoes and shrimp.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water to add as needed for a silky sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the basil and toss well.
- Season with black pepper to taste and serve.