How to make — Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
Serves 1 People
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Total Time 15 Minutes
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 2-3 slices of roasted turkey
- 2-3 tablespoons of cranberry sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons of leftover stuffing
- 2-3 tablespoons of leftover mashed potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons of gravy (warmed)
- Lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep your ingredients: gather all your leftover Thanksgiving ingredients - turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy. If you have lettuce, prepare as well.
- Toast the bread: place your bread slices in a toaster or on a grill and toast until they're nicely browned.
- Layer the sandwich: Start with one slice of toasted bread. On this slice, layer your ingredients in the following order - A few lettuce leaves. Roasted turkey slices. Leftover stuffing. Leftover mashed potatoes. Cranberry sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add gravy: drizzle a spoonful or two of warm gravy over the mashed potatoes and stuffing. This will add moisture and extra flavor to your sandwich.
- Complete the sandwich: top your loaded slice of bread with the second slice to create your sandwich.
- Slice and serve: carefully slice your Thanksgiving leftover sandwich in half diagonally, if desired, to make it easier to handle.
- Enjoy: your Thanksgiving leftover sandwich is ready to eat! Serve it with a side of extra gravy or cranberry sauce for dipping if you like.